Friday 13 April 2012

A glorious morning at BGM


This morning Simon went to Bridge Triumph in Exeter to get some filters for his Bonneville. As he would be passing pretty close to Bowling Green Marsh it seemed daft not to hitch a lift. I'm glad I did as it was a glorious morning  & the tide was just right. I even managed to take my Year List to 170 with a Common Sandpiper from the hide. There were also flocks of over 50 Bar-tailed & Black-tailed Godwits & a few Knot. Unfortunately no Black-winged Stilt though!

There was an RSPB meeting of some sort in the hide so it was a bit busy, but I stayed for a while until even more people arrived, at which point I scarpered & went off to the estuary viewpoint. Nothing of note from there, except for the fantastic view. I'd forgotten my camera, but the phone did a fairly good job.

Looking South along the Exe from the BGM viewpoint



No comments:

Post a Comment