Thursday 31 May 2012

Silly Billies

Yesterday I went over to Exminster Marsh for  a few hours in the afternoon. I was hoping to see the Pectoral Sandpiper that had visited the day before, but unfortunately it didn't put in an appearance. However, there was an impressive selection of birds sporting an interesting assortment of large beaks!
Spoonbill
Glossy Ibis
Avocet
Grey Heron
Other birds included a Hobby, Cetti's, Reed & Sedge Warblers, a few Swifts, the usual selection of ducks & 2 Barnacle Geese!

I also got my first ever Hairy Dragonfly.
Hairy Dragonfly
There were also loads of small blue Damselflies along the back path, but I'm still working on those as I'm a bit of a beginner. I'm not sure if the photos actually show clearly enough the identifying features, but I've just downloaded a new Birdguides app so I'll try & figure them out....

Possibly a female Azure Damselfly...
& male Azure Damselfly?


No comments:

Post a Comment