Monday 5 March 2012

A worrying development


I made my regular Monday afternoon visit to Budleigh. I walked Vera along the Eastern side of the estuary first, but didn't find anything interesting. I then left her digesting her tea in the van whilst I walked up the Western side. There were quite a few gulls on the meadows & I thought 'oh good, gulls!' And I actually meant it! I couldn't believe that I'd actually had that thought. Very worrying. It was nearly all Herring Gulls, with one darker one snoozing in the middle. I think it was probably a Lesser Black-backed Gull. There were a couple of them on the estuary that I was happy with, but this one's legs didnt look yellow.

Gulls with my little Panasonic Lumix


Zoomed in...

& enlarged.....a Lesser Black-backed?
I really struggle with shades of grey. I wonder if you can get the 'gull-grey' equivalent of a paint colour chart? Hopefully the more I look at them, the better Ill get.

I'm beginning to wonder if I need therapy!

1 comment:

  1. We can confirm that you do....
    Check out www.gullsanonymous.com for tips...

    ReplyDelete