Thursday 16 February 2012

Schoolgirl error.....


Yesterday we popped up to Hayes Barton, the birthplace of Sir Walter Raleigh on the edge of Woodbury Common, to take Vera for her evening stroll. The fact that some Crossbills had been seen at the pig farm there the day before was purely coincidental! I only took my bins to make it easier to scan the tops of trees, as the scope can get in the way.  I didn't find any Crossbills, but on the way to the woods I had a fleeting glimpse of a Red-legged Partridge in an adjoining field. On the way back I spotted a couple more Partridges in a distant field, which I was fairly sure were Grey Partridges, but not sure enough! What I needed was an optical device for enlarging distant objects.........

At least the Red-legged Prtridge takes my Year List to 128  (& 1 sub-species)

Simon & V in Hayes Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment